Bullying, cyberbullying, and harassment
(14) Injury and violence prevention and safety–interpersonal violence. The student understands the impact of interpersonal violence and the importance of seeking guidance and help to maintain personal safety. The student is expected to:
- Health TEK 115.16 (14)(A) analyze distinguishing characteristics of cyberbullying;
- Health TEK 115.16 (14)(B) describe the negative impact bullying, including cyberbullying, has on both the victim and the bully;
Legal Ramifications and Other Consequences
(13) Injury and violence prevention and safety-digital citizenship and media. The student understands how to be a safe and responsible citizen in digital and online environments. The student is expected to:
- Health TEKS 115.16 (13)(C): Discuss the consequences of cyberbullying and inappropriate online and digital communication in relation to home and school environments.