All Bexar CountyArea Independent School Districts
THE DAVID MOLAK KINDESS SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship has been established by David’s Legacy Foundation to honor the love and kindness that David Molak showed his friends and family.
CRITERIA FOR THE SCHOLARSHIP:
The intention of this scholarship is to recognize two exceptional graduating seniors in the San Antonio Area Independent School Districts in Bexar County, Texas, who are inspired by the vision of a kinder world and committed to making a difference. With this assistance for the recipients’ college education, it is our hope that they will continue to lead and contribute to similar initiatives through their post-secondary years and into adult life.
- You are wholeheartedly inspired by the vision of a kinder world and show the character and commitment to undertake initiatives of kindness that create a positive impact in your school and community.
- You have consistently demonstrated your commitment to positive actions that affect the social, emotional, character, and citizenship environment of your school.
- You inspire others through your actions and your strong character. You do not tolerate bullying and are always an upstander, never a bystander.
- You are compassionate, aware, open-minded, creative, and innovative.
- Submissions can either be self-nominations or faculty-nominated.
- Application and all supporting documents are due to PO Box 90732 SAT 78209 no later than April 1, 2019 (this is a non-negotiable deadline and incomplete packages cannot be considered).
- Self-Nominations: Submit the following documents. Please type or print clearly.
- Kindness Initiative or Acts of Kindness – Write a description (1-page limit) of your kindness initiative or your acts of kindness. Include: when and where the project or acts took place, why you chose to take this action, how many people were involved, what were your specific contributions, and how the project affected you and others. You may include up to (5) photographs to illustrate your project or acts.
- Application – Complete the attached application and request the signature of the faculty sponsor of your project or your school counselor.
- Faculty Nominations: Submit the following documents. Please type or print clearly.
- Kindness Initiative or Acts of Kindness – Describe (1-page limit) your nominee’s kindness initiative or acts of kindness. Include: when and where the project or acts took place, why you feel this student deserves this award, how many people were involved in your nominee’s acts of kindness, what were the student’s specific contributions, and how the project impacted the nominee and others. You may include up to (5) photographs to illustrate your nominee’s acts of kindness.
- Application – Complete and sign the attached application.
- Recipients will be asked to complete a publicity release form so they can be recognized in David’s Legacy Foundation promotional materials.